The link between good health and good sleep
Sleep and fatigue-related issues can impact your life in many ways, affecting your health, energy, work performance, social life and more.
Centennial Medical Building
500 West Leota, Suite 250
Top reasons for sleep loss
- Insomnia, which affects about 30 percent of adults.
- Sleep apnea, which causes abnormal breathing during sleep. Untreated, it couldlead to high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, depression or diabetes.
- Shift work, which occurs when a person has difficulties adjusting to awork schedule that fluctuates between night and day.
- Restless legs syndrome, a neurological disorder that results in an overwhelming urge to frequently move the legs.
- Narcolepsy, which results in severe daytime sleepiness andpoor quality sleep at night. How we can help
At the Great Plains Health Sleep Disorders Center, we work individually with our patients to identify appropriate treatment strategies that help our patients get abetter nights rest and get back to life. Call 308.696.7640 to learn more.
Most private insurance companies and Medicare and Medicaid reimburse for sleep studies and associated treatments. It is always a good idea to check with your insurance company before scheduling a sleep study.