The journey you are about to take is full of many exciting changes. There's also so much to do and so much to learn. We at Great Plains Regional Medical Center (GPRMC) are here to assist you - each step of the way!
First Steps is a pre-registration appointment for each woman and her support person, who plans to give birth at GPRMC. During your one-hour session you will meet with a Women's Services nurse to complete a database, sign consents and develop a birth plan of care. Writing a birth plan helps you to consider the many decisions you will make during your labor and postpartum time at GPRMC. It also informs you and your support person about options available.
You will also receive information about resources available to you and your baby during labor, birth, the hospital stay and your first few days at home. The session will end with a tour of the Women's Services Department.
Free of charge
It is essential that you attend this session before you deliver,
as it will minimize admission time.
Call 308-696-7397 for an appointment during your sixth month.
Prepared Childbirth Class
This class is designed to be an informative, comprehensive program discussing pregnancy, prepared childbirth and baby care for you and your support person.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Understanding your pregnancy
- Conscious relaxation, breathing exercise, coaching tools
- Labor and delivery process
- Pain management
- Fetal monitoring, induction, forceps, episiotomy
- Cesarean birth
- Baby care
Fee $50 (Medicaid is accepted)
Registration is required. To register, call 308-696-7536.
Please bring your labor support person
Breastfeeding 101 Class
Before your baby arrives, we can provide you with a class designed to help you make the decision regarding breast or bottle-feeding and give you pointers for getting started, if you choose breastfeeding.
Free of charge Registration is required
To register, call 308-696-7536..
Help your children prepare for the new baby with age-appropriate activities that teach them about their roles as older siblings. This class is intended for children ages 3-12.
Free of charge Registration is required.
To register, call 308-696-7397.
Begin prenatal care during your first trimester by visiting your physician. Continue visits as suggested by your physician - you're taking care of a new life!
- Call for your First Steps appointment during your sixth month 696-7397
- Register for Prepared Childbirth class 308-696-7536
- Register for Breastfeeding 101308-696-7536
- Fill out GPRMC pre-registration forms online
- Customize a birth plan of care
- Complete a database
Healthy Start is a voluntary parent education program for pregnant women and families with children from birth to five years of age. This service is available to those who live in Lincoln County and meet the screening criteria.
During your pregnancy, a nurse will provide information about:
- Nutrition and healthy lifestyles (including smoking cessation)
- Preparation for infants arrival
- Scheduled visits with your physician
- After your baby is born, a nurse will make an appointment to:
- Weigh your baby
- Check your baby's development
- Check your car seat
- Offer information on nutrition
- Help you create a healthy and nurturing home for your child
- As your baby grows into a toddler, a nurse will:
- Provide information on discipline techniques
- Support you with parenting tips to make it through those "terrible two's" so they become terrific two's
- Give you information about feeding a picky eater
Free of charge For more information call 308-696-7319
The journey you are about to take is full of many exciting changes.