Great Plains Regional Medical Center prides itself in attracting and retaining the best and brightest physicians in a wide variety of specialties. If you are up for the challenge of joining a medical staff whose focus is premier quality of care and continual learning, consider looking into our current recruitment opportunities.
The Medical Community
We offer both the lifestyle advantages of a small, Midwest community with a thriving medical community known for its innovation and forward thinking ideas. Great Plains Regional Medical Center offers a vast array of services, including 26 medical specialties. Coupled with a medical staff of more than 80 physicians, our 40-acre campus has much to offer physicians who long for the energy and buzz of a flourishing medical center, without the hassle of a big city.
Comprehensive Services for the Region
Our service line offerings provide residents of West Central Nebraska with a comprehensive medical center that serves a wide variety of health care needs:
- Hospitalist program staffed with six Internists serves as the base for specialty care with increased patient satisfaction and decreasing lengths of stay
- State-of-the-art cardiac care with two full-time cardiologists available for 24/7 care, vascular surgery options and Interventional services beginning this in 2011
- Full range of neurology services with a new stroke program and an Epilepsy Center
- Emergency department (Level 3 trauma center) staffed with all residency trained and board certified emergency medicine physicians.
- Centers of excellence include the Callahan Cancer Center, regional reference lab and our diagnostic imaging department-64 dual slice CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, angiography and PET imaging
- Cutting edge surgery department with six operating rooms includes procedures in bariatric surgery and advanced laparoscopy
- Teaching opportunities with medical students and residents in family medicine and emergency medicine.
North Platte is a community that feels like home. It is a welcoming mid-west hub tucked away in a safe, family friendly environment in the middle of an outdoor recreational playground. To learn more about our community click on the links on the the right of this page.
Our physicians are happy with the hospital and its leadership. Click here to see what our physicians said about us in the latest physician satisfaction survey.
Named as one of the Happiest States in the U.S. in 2009 and 2010.
Ranked 11th as the Healthiest States in 2010.